We are all exposed to natural radiation in our environment. Digital x-rays produce a significant lower level of radiation compared to the older dental x-rays. Not only are digital x-rays better for your health, they’re faster and more comfortable. We usually recommend a full mouth series for our new patients (good for 3-5 years) and bitewing x-rays, which are usually taken at your regular check-up and cleaning.
5 reasons why we take X-Rays in our office:
- Look for decay in between the teeth.
- Check for bone loss associated with gum disease.
- Check decay under old fillings.
- Show infection at the very bottom of the root of the tooth.
- xamine the area to be treated before procedures.