Dental Crown Procedure
What To Expect With Your New Crown
Dental Crowns are primarily chosen for patients to improve the lifeline of the tooth. Your dental crown appointment in our Vancouver, BC office is a straightforward and pain free visit. We are your Commercial Drive Dentist that provides you with all services in one dental center.
With the vast choice of materials Dr. Kaviani can use the right material to improve the strength of your tooth and help you look great too!
Dental crowns – also called ‘caps,’ – help restore damaged teeth. Sometimes crowns are necessary to cover a root canal, a broken tooth, or a large filling. The entire tooth surface area is covered by a dental crown. This method of dentistry helps restore a tooth if other methods cannot be used.
Although there are several crown types, porcelain remains the most popular because of its natural tooth color choice.
Normal dental crowns require two appointments. The first appointment is arranged for your dentist to make a custom mold of your tooth so that a temporary crown can be made. These are typically sent to a lab with tooth color designations according to a tooth chart.
Once the permanent crown is created and sent back to your dentist they will schedule your next appointment. your temporary crown will then be removed, your tooth will be cleaned and your permanent crown will be placed correctly according to your bite and natural tooth spacing.
Alongside strengthening your tooth, a dental crown can improve your tooth appearance, its shape, the alignment and even help your bite.
When a tooth is lost often creates a gap from the surrounding teeth shifting. This can cause your bite to be off. Your dental cap helps stop this from happening.
Afterward you may need awhile for your cap to feel like a ‘normal’ part of your mouth – It happens to most patients. But that feeling should wear off very soon and your new cap should become just like the rest of your teeth.
- Effective Strategies to Prevent and Treat Bruxism
- Straighten Your Smile Effortlessly: Exploring the Benefits of Invisalign
- Essential Tips for Overcoming Dental Anxiety
- Why Dental Implants are the Future of Tooth Replacement
- Say Goodbye to Wisdom Tooth Woes: Expert Tips for a Painless Recovery
- Demystifying Root Canals: What to Expect and How to Ensure a Smooth Procedure
- Say Goodbye to Bad Breath Forever: Effective Tips and Tricks for Fresh Breath
- Unlock the Secrets to a Healthy Smile: Understanding Why Regular Dental Cleanings Matter
- Why Invisalign is the Best Choice for Straightening Your Teeth
- Say Goodbye to Missing Teeth: How Dental Implants Can Transform Your Smile
- A Brighter Smile: Unlocking the Secrets of Professional Teeth Whitening at the Dentist
- The Hidden Benefits of Flossing: Why it’s More Than Just a Dental Chore
- What to Expect After Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Say Goodbye to Plaque: Effective Tips for a Healthier Smile
- Must-Have Dental Products for a Perfect Smile
- Say Cheese: How to Maintain a Bright and Beautiful Smile from the Comfort of Your Home
- 5 Dental Tips to Keep Your Teeth and Mouth Healthy
- Root Canals: What to Expect & How to Prepare for the Procedure?
- When Should You Start Orthodontic Care: The Importance of Starting Early
- Benefits of Regular Dental Cleaning
- Comfort Aid
- Emergency Dental Services
- Routine Cleanings
- Oral Surgery
- Dentures / Prosthesis
- Composite Fillings
- Teeth Whitening
- Porcelain Veneers
- Dental Implants
- Dental Crown
- Root Canal
- Wisdom Teeth Extraction
- Dental Hygiene