A number of people choose not to visit the dentist for regular check-ups because they are too afraid or suffer from dental anxiety. We want our patients at A&B Dental to be as comfortable as they can every time they enter our office. As such, we offer comfort aids for patients to make their visit more enjoyable. We use the following comfort aids in our office:
Sedation dentistry: Offers an excellent way to ensure an anxiety-free dental experience to patients who are afraid of the dentist. There are 4 levels of sedation:
- Minimal sedation: Oral medication in pill form (Ativan, Rezipan) is provided prior to treatment. Although this type of sedation does not cause sleep, it dulls the senses; the patient is awake, but relaxed.
- Moderate sedation: The patient is conscious, but may not remember the procedure. There may also be slurring of words immediately after the treatment.
- Deep sedation: The patient is on the edge of consciousness, but can still be woken.
- General Anesthetic: This is generally used during longer medical procedures, whereby the patient is in deep sleep throughout the procedure.
It very important that we have your up-to-date medical history, so we are aware of any medications you are taking or allergies you may have before administering any sedation.
Topical Anesthetic: A fruit-flavoured ointment that is directly applied on the skin or the inside of a patient’s mouth to numb the area the dentist will be working on. Dentists use this to relieve pain when administering the local anesthetic before procedures.
Local Anesthetic: Medicine that is injected into the gum or inner cheek to numb a part of the patient’s mouth for the duration of the dental procedure. Often, the patient will fell numb even for a couple of hours after the treatment. This is normal although it may be difficult to eat or drink. We advice patients to call our office immediately if pain is experienced after the numbing subside.
- How to Make Your Child’s Dental Visit a Breeze
- What to Expect Before, During, and After a Root Canal Procedure
- Smile Bright: Discover the Secrets to Warding off Cavities for Good
- Are Mouthguards Worth the Investment?
- Early Dental Care: A Positive Impact on Your Child’s Smile
- Gingivitis: Understanding the Silent Enemy of Oral Health
- Unveiling the Secrets: How to Select the Best Toothbrush for a Sparkling Smile
- Don’t Ignore the Pain: 5 Red Flags That Your Toothache Needs Urgent Attention
- Say Cheese! Unveiling the Secrets of Effective Teeth Whitening
- How Mouthwash Can Transform Your Oral Health
- The Top 5 Foods That Can Ruin Your Dental Health – and What to Eat Instead
- Effective Strategies to Prevent and Treat Bruxism
- Straighten Your Smile Effortlessly: Exploring the Benefits of Invisalign
- Essential Tips for Overcoming Dental Anxiety
- Why Dental Implants are the Future of Tooth Replacement
- Say Goodbye to Wisdom Tooth Woes: Expert Tips for a Painless Recovery
- Demystifying Root Canals: What to Expect and How to Ensure a Smooth Procedure
- Say Goodbye to Bad Breath Forever: Effective Tips and Tricks for Fresh Breath
- Unlock the Secrets to a Healthy Smile: Understanding Why Regular Dental Cleanings Matter
- Why Invisalign is the Best Choice for Straightening Your Teeth
- Say Goodbye to Missing Teeth: How Dental Implants Can Transform Your Smile
- A Brighter Smile: Unlocking the Secrets of Professional Teeth Whitening at the Dentist
- The Hidden Benefits of Flossing: Why it’s More Than Just a Dental Chore
- What to Expect After Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Say Goodbye to Plaque: Effective Tips for a Healthier Smile
- Must-Have Dental Products for a Perfect Smile
- Say Cheese: How to Maintain a Bright and Beautiful Smile from the Comfort of Your Home
- 5 Dental Tips to Keep Your Teeth and Mouth Healthy
- Root Canals: What to Expect & How to Prepare for the Procedure?
- When Should You Start Orthodontic Care: The Importance of Starting Early
- Benefits of Regular Dental Cleaning
- Comfort Aid
- Emergency Dental Services
- Routine Cleanings
- Oral Surgery
- Dentures / Prosthesis
- Composite Fillings
- Teeth Whitening
- Porcelain Veneers
- Dental Implants
- Dental Crown
- Root Canal
- Wisdom Teeth Extraction
- Dental Hygiene